vendredi 17 juin 2011

Je veux dépendre de tes yeux/ et de tes lèvres

Sur une des chaises-sculptures consacrées aux poètes québécois depuis la fondation de la Nouvelle-France de Michel Goulet à la Gare du Palais à Québec, ces vers de Leonard Cohen (un poète québécois malgré le fait qu'il écrive en anglais), tirés du poème «This Isn't China»:

Hold me close
and tell me what the world is like
I don't want to look outside
I want to depend on your eyes
and your lips

Traduction proposée

Serre-moi fort
et dis-moi comment va le monde
Je ne veux pas regarder dehors
Je veux dépendre de tes yeux
et de tes lèvres


Voici tout le poème que je vais tenter de traduire pour vous le présenter éventuellement
:

This Isn't China

Hold me close

and tell me what the world is like

I don’t want to look outside

I want to depend on your eyes

and your lips

I don’t want to feel anything

but your hand

on the old raw bumper

I don’t want to feel anything else

If you love the dead rocks

and the hugh rough pine trees

Okay I like them too

Tell me if the wind

makes a pretty sound

I’ll close my eyes and smile

Tell me if it’s a good morning

or a clear morning

Tell me what the fuck

kind of morning it is

and I’ll buy it

And get the dog

to stop whining and barking

This isn’t China

nobody’s going to eat it


Okay go if you must

I’ll create the cosmos

by myself

I’ll let it all stick to me

every dismal pine cone

every boring pine needle

And I’ll broadcast my affection

from this shaven dome

360 degrees

to all the dramatic vistas

to all the mists and snows

that move across

the shining mountains

to the women bathing

in the stream

and combing their hair

on the roofs

to the voiceless ones

who have petitioned me

from their surprising silence

to the poor in heart

though they be rich

to all the thought-forms

and leaking mental objects

that you get up here

at the end of you ghostly life

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire